What should you know about flood safety? Thanks to Ready.gov for compiling these great resources for us to share with our customers!
What you should know about Flood Safety
- Make a family emergency communication plan and include pets.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Check on your neighbors to make sure they’re okay.
- Know what to do before, during, and after a flood.
- Flood insurance takes 30 days to take effect, so purchase now to protect your family!
- Listen to local officials by radio, TV or social media.
- Evacuate when advised by authorities or if you are in a flood or flash flood prone area.
- If you are on high ground above flooded areas, being prepared to stay where you are may be the best protection.
- Never drive or walk through flooded streets; Turn Around, Don’t Drown! Do not go through flood waters.
SERVPRO of Lee County is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We make disaster "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (334)-821-4858!